Apart from sheltering your horse/sheep/alpacas/goats etc, during inclement weather, field shelters are good for separating animals at feeding time.
Here are 10 clever tips for making them even more brilliant:
- Put some guttering around the building with a downpipe leading into a water trough. Free water!
- Have a couple of clear roof panels to maximise the light
- A window is a nice addition
- Consider putting a half stable door at the back or side of your building. This can be opened during nice weather to give your horse a different view to enjoy
- Line the inside of the roof for a smarter look
- An overhang provides good shelter and helps to prevent rain from driving into the shelter
- A lined overhang minimises draughts
- Full height kickboards re useful when horses are prone to chewing
- Rubber stable matting can be fixed to the internal walls if your horse tends to kick inside the stable
- Stable doors give you an instant stable